The Play Store has proven to be an amazing place to get your favorite apps and games from. Now, it is only available for the Android platform. But it can also work on Amazon Devices which run on the Fire OS. So today, we are going to talk about How to Install Google Play Store on Kindle Fire.
Kindle Fire is a tablet from the Amazon corporation and it is a very good one if you ask me. All the Fire tablets are good buys and they take the reading experience a notch higher than the conventional ones. The only thing it falls short of is that you can’t download apps from the Play Store.
But no need to worry about that because you can install Play Store on Kindle Fire, thanks to the developer community. Check out the next section for the complete guide.
Google Play Store on Kindle Fire
Despite being an Android tablet, the Kindle Fire does not have the Play Store which is the official store for Android Apps and Games. Users can only install apps from the Amazon App Store. Well, that was the case because a member of XDA Developers has found a way around that and you can finally use the Play Store on Kindle Fire.
Get the fix to Google Play Stopped
But keep in mind that this method is only for 7″ Amazon Kindle Fire HD. If you try it out on any other model, then we don’t guarantee that it will work. So, go ahead only if you have the 7-inch one or try it on the other methods at your own risk.
Moreover, remember that this guide is only for instructional and educational purposes. Any complications that may or may not arise while using this method of installing Play Store on Kindle Fire, are your own responsibility. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability whatsoever if anything happens to your device.
With that in mind, we can move forward. Here are the pre-requisites for the procedure.
- USB Cable of the tablet.
- Keep the battery of the Kindle above than 75% so that you don’t experience any interruptions.
- Other than that, download these files on your PC.
- Your Kindle Fire must be rooted in order to make this process work.
Installing Play Store no Kindle Fire
Here are the steps to get the Play Store on Kindle Fire and use it to install all the apps and games that you have wanted for so long.
- Install the ES File Explorer from the Amazon App Store.
- Copy the APK files that we downloaded to your tablet’s internal storage.
- Open the ES File Explorer.
- Head over to Settings > Root settings and then open the Root explorer. Turn on “Root explorer” and allow the permission prompted.
- Hit “Allow” to grant root access to the ES File Explorer when prompted.
- Turn on “Up to Root” and “Mount File System”. After that, close Settings and go back to the home screen of the ES Explorer.
- Go to the folder where you pasted the APK files.
- Tap on Google Services Framework APK to install it.
- After installation is over, long press on the Vending APK and tap on Copy.
- Tap on Up located at the top of the screen. You will see two folders: cache and acct.
- Look for /settings/app. Open that folder and paste the Vending APK there.
- Now, long press on the APK file and tap on Properties followed by Change. Do these changes in the permissions:
- Group: Read
- User: Read, Write
- Other: Read
- Tap on the Vending APK file to install and will install the App Market on Kindle Fire.
- Open the Android Market from the app drawer.
- Set it up by using your Google account credentials.
- Now, return to the ES File Explorer.
- Go to the folder where you placed the Play Store APK. Tap on it to start the installation process. This will upgrade the Android Market into the Play Store.
Solve the Google Play Server Error
Now, you’ll find the Play Store icon on the menu. After this process is over, you can pretty much download and install as many apps and games that you want from the Play Store on Kindle Fire.
With this, we end our article on How to Install Google Play Store on Kindle Fire. We would like to thank you for visiting our post and we also hope that you understand everything in this guide. If you think that you have missed out on anything, then feel free to contact us at Play Store Solution.