Have you ever heard about Google Chromebooks? Well, if not, then know that they are laptops from Google. These Chromebooks run on the Linux-based Chrome OS. And today, we are going to have a discussion on how you can Enable Google Play Store on your Chromebook.
They were very popular upon their release and they are really good if you get a grip on using them. They are very user-friendly and you won’t have a hard time while using them. The good thing about the Chromebook is that you can also use Android Apps and Games on it with the help of the Play Store.
The Google Play Store is not active by default on it but you can use it nonetheless. So, fire up your Chromebooks because we are going to see how to enable the Play Store on it.
Enable Play Store on your Chromebook
The process to get the said job done is very easy. You can easily carry it out with minimum effort and it will be over before you know it. So, without any further ado, let’s get started. The only drawback of this method is that you can only use the Play Store on the beta channel of the Chrome OS.
Check out this post on 10 best Play Store Games
- On the drawer in the bottom right corner of the screen, click any button.
- A menu will pop-up from there.
- From there, click Settings. Around the top right corner, click “About Chrome OS”.
- After that, you have to click on “More Info” followed by “Change Channel”.
- Select “Beta” which is necessary to enable the Play Store. Then click “Change Channel” to confirm the change.
- This will download the Beta release of Chrome and once it has been downloaded, you will have to restart the computer.
- Now, on the screen before you, there will be an option “Enable Google Play Store on your Chromebook.”
- Check the small box beside that option, click “Agree” and it will be enabled.
Now, all you have to do is click on “Sign in” and use one of your Google Accounts to log into the Play Store. Once you have logged in, you can easily use all the apps and games for Android with Play Store on your Chromebook.
Also learn how to Log out of Google Play
With the process to Enable Google Play Store on your Chromebook over, we must take leave. We hope that you have understood everything in the most proper way. If you haven’t, then you can get in touch with us and get your issues solved at Play Store Help.